What is the Online Artist Mentoring Program?
- The Online Artist Mentoring Program is not an online course. It is an individual study program with me as a personal tutor/mentor for Beginning Artists, Art Hobbyists, Part/Full-time Artists, Art Teachers, Art Professionals, and individuals in need of Art Therapy for recovery, sobriety, or an outlet to express their internal feelings.
How it works:
- As a mentor, I will guide you to work towards developing a focused project, and give you critical feedback on your work, and insights into the art and creative industry.
- I offer guidance in shaping your interest into an idea, and from an idea into a body of artworks. While deepening the experience of making, looking, and thinking about art, I am to assist you in finding your own artistic voice within the genres of art so you can become the artist you always dreamed to be.
This is for you if:
- You want to hone in on your artistic talents and creative flairs.
- You want to become a professional full-time artist or want to work in the art field as an illustrator, designer, or art teacher, etc.
- You don’t want to just copy another artist or style but rather want to find your own personal artistic expression.
- You want guidance along the way in growing as an artist and dealing with the art business.
- You are committed and dedicated to long-term learning and practicing art.
- You require arts to fulfill your personal, psychological, and emotional needs.
Questions I will ask you as we start:
- What do you hope to get out of the mentorship experience?
- What are your short and long-term goals as an artist? In what areas would you like to grow?
- What are some of the artistic challenges you currently face? What are some of the things that currently excite you about your art practice?
- What art techniques/mediums do you want to explore? (Painting, Drawing, Graphics, General Abstract, Landscapes, Geometry, Forms and Motifs, Word Arts, Calligraphy, Children Arts, etc)
- What art techniques do you already have experience with?
- Tell me about your current art practice giving me insight into your conceptual and technical practice.
- Since this is an online programme, briefly tell me how email/voice phone calls, text chats, or video call sessions might shape your mentorship.
- Send me 5-10 images of your artworks or crafts in any medium on WhatsApp (+234 803 234 6721), email (email@example.com) or direct me to specific images to view on your website or Instagram page (if applicable) so I can assess your entry point into the mentorship programme.
What You Get:
- At our first meeting, we shall discuss all the questions raised above as well as your interests, goals, artistic practice, and obstacles, and outline the shape and scope of your expected mentoring experience.
- Although this is a group mentorship programme, we shall all discuss and design the program to suit our specific areas of need.
- You will have personal assignments every week, as well as flexible, supportive and enjoyable personal creative development.
- You will have personal chats with me during the week, as well as flexible, supportive and transformative discussions on your personal development in arts and creativity over the course of 5 weeks.
- The Zoom contact hours can be spent as critique, technical instruction, support while making art, goal setting, discussion of readings or trends, career advising, portfolio development, etc.
- In addition, I will spend up to 10 minutes of video chat with you every week, along with non-contact hours in email/phone conversations during working hours, as well as WhatsApp picture exchange if there is a need for step-by-step supervision of work-in-progress to support your mentorship.
- Mentorship hours can be used to work together with the other group members in this or other similar programme to target specific areas of expertise, get a different perspective on your work, or learn from fellow mentees.
- In addition to your time spent with me as the mentor, I expect you to commit to a minimum of 30 hours working independently during the course of the mentorship duration.
Other Specific Aspects of the Group Mentorship Program:
- Beginning Artist,
- Applied Creativity,
- Art Hobbyist,
- Part-time Artist
- Full-time Artist,
- Art Teacher,
- Art Professional,
- Art Therapy,
Duration of Mentorship:
- The program is designed to run for 5 weekends but can run shorter depending on the needs of the Mentees in the group.
- The Fees are the same and whether any individual Mentee completes the 5 weekends period or not.
- Fresh payment will be made if the Mentee intends to continue for another 5 weekends Mentorship period in the same or another area of mentorship.
Mentorship Contact Hours/Schedules
- Saturdays and Sundays, 2:30 to 4 pm (for 5 weekends).
- Only Mentees who have completed their payment of fees will be allowed to join the exclusive group.
Mentorship fee: One Hundred Thousand Naira only (N100,000) or its equivalence in other currencies.
- Account name: FINE ARTIVITIES.
- Account number: 00 55 70 11 49
- Banker: ACCESS BANK PLC.
I look forward to having an engaging, authentic, passionate, goal-oriented, and transformational mentorship program with you.
Ustaz (Dr) Abdulfattah Adeyemi